Monday, March 2, 2009

I asked for it and I got it...
















What a way to start off March! We finally got some snow. This included very strong winds, snow, sleet, ice, and more snow. Dylan and I decided to camp out in the living room and watch a movie, but 15 minutes into it, the electricity went out. That means no heat too. The wind was blowing so hard, we could hear tree limbs snapping and the snow and ice beating up against the windows. When Mark got up at 1:00am to go to work, he got the kerosene heater out and that helped some. It still got very cold during the night and I ended up getting Dylan and Kaylee in my bed so we could keep warm. Of course we also had Gus, Sassy and Libby with us too... lol.
This morning, when we woke up, we could not see the road. We were very thankful that the power came back on. I did not take Kaylee outside today, she has a slight cold. I may take her out tomorrow though, she has never played in the snow before so I would really like her to experience that. 
Kaylee seems to be back on track with going to bed and not fussing. It only took about 12-14 days...lol. I am going to make sure she is ready next time before taking the railing off her bed. Mark and I took her to the doctor for her 2 year check up last Friday. Kaylee was not a happy baby. She received a shot in her thigh and a prick on her finger. She weighs 27 lbs and is 33 1/8 inches tall. 
 

1 comment:

Nicole's Mom said...

I am glad to see snow somewhere esle besides here in Ohio. We started getting hit with snow in early January through Feb we did not see the grass until about a week ago. At one point we had 2 1/2foot on the ground.Bewteen the two months we got 65 inches of snow.. We are not out of the woods yet, we have had snow at times till the middle of May. Hope your staying warm.