Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Friendship...




Things at home seem to be coming along. Kaylee is such a joy. After church on Sunday, Grandpa and Grandma took us out for lunch to celebrate Mark's Birthday, since they had been out of town.


My best friend Carol, whom I have known since the age of 15, is losing her battle with pancreatic cancer. This is gut wrenching to see someone that I have grown up with wither away. Kaylee and I spent the day at the hospital with Carol. She was out of it pretty much the entire time. She did wake up several times and said "hey Emmie" and then later when she heard fussing, she opened her eyes and talked to her and held out her hand. I swear, this just about tore my heart out. Carol's mom and dad came to visit also and to see her dad open his arms to give me a hug, well, it was like I was hugging my daddy again. He looks a little like my dad and they even dress the same. My gosh, if he would have been wearing Brut cologne by Avon, I probably would have fell apart...We are headed back to the hospital tomorrow. If you go to church, please add Carol Stovall to your prayer list. Thank you!


No comments: