Thursday, June 11, 2009

Busy busy busy...












There has been a lot going on here lately. I spent most of last week baking cakes, tarts, and cookie pizza's for our Church Auction/Bake sale. It really turned out nice and we had great fellowship also.
Mark's sister, Lynne, gave him last year their old backpack that a child rides in. We pulled it out and Kaylee was scared of it at first, but it did not take long for her to realize that she could go wherever daddy went if she was in it. Thanks Lynne for sending it to us.
Dylan has been doing great in school. His last day was today. Things have changed around the house now. Dylan now has girlfriend. Her name is Rachelle and she has been spending a lot of time with her. I am happy he likes someone but, I am not liking the fact that they want to be together ALL THE TIME, I need prayers to help me get through this.
Kaylee and Dylan are just as close as ever. Kaylee is picking up words pretty quickly now, some we are not so happy about, like "stop" "mean" "no." She is our little "spicey girl" and we expect it though...lol.
We did get a surprise this afternoon. My ex husband Alex, (Dylan's dad) and his mom showed up at the house today with out calling!! This put me into a tailspin trying to get myself together and try and entertain them. It went well though. I also took some pictures and plan to give them to Alex, so he can take them to El Salvador on his next trip.
At our church, we also had the movie "FIREPROOF" and had popcorn and candy and drinks for everyone. We had a nice turnout and the movie was fantastic! I hear a lot of people say that they don't want to see it because it is about Christians. Now to me this is a rediculous and narrow minded statement. Not to mention, this movie is about how bad a marriage can get and the work and determination it takes to get your marriage back on track. I was so touched by this movie that I ordered the "Love Dare" book for myself.
Lots of repairs needed around our home right now. The washing machine has been flooding the floor, Dylan's shower is leaking, and I could go on...but I won't, we are just going to take a breath and try and get these things fixed asap.

No comments: