Friday, May 22, 2009

May is flying by...


I have been quite busy this month with helping my sister, Peggy pack and move in Virginia Beach.  Kaylee and I spent the better part of 2 weeks there helping pack, move, unpack and decorate. Peggy and I had great "sister time" even though, by the end of the day, we were very sore from all the work.Mother's Day was very nice, even though we could not celebrate it until the Wednesday evening after. Mark and Kaylee gave me a HUGE card that Mark made for me and also a beautiful Lilac bush. Dylan made me a wonderful card and gave me Barnes and Noble gift card. I also got a massage from Mark which was much needed!My good friend, Jennifer and her son Myles, came for a visit this week. Kaylee did not like Myles at first. She clung to me for dear life and screamed "mama" the ENTIRE way to town. Just so you know, it takes us about 35 minutes or so, to get there! She would only quiet down when I would sing. I DO NOT sing good, so I apologized to Jennifer, and kept right on singing. It was really nothing new to Jennifer, we worked together for almost 13 years, so she knows my singing "abilities" LOL. Kaylee was fine as soon as we got to Cracker Barrell and we ended up having a nice lunch.  Myles is so cute- He giggles over everything!Kaylee has really enjoyed spending time outside, but we are thinking she is very sensitive, possibly allergic to mosquitos. She has been bitten about five or six times on her legs and they were really swollen.  I bought some medicine and they seem to look better now. We have finshed our homestudy and the required meetings with the social worker. Now all we do is wait for them to call us with a baby/child, and then we go in to the office and look over the file and decide if that child will fit into our family. I will let everyone know when we get the call.Here are some pics to enjoy...













2 comments:

George Hastings said...

LOVE the Mother's Day card! COOL!

Tiaras, Tutus, and Fairy Dust. said...

I can not believe how big she is getting, and soooo adorable:-) Keep the pics coming.
Sue